Monday, October 24, 2016

Photographer for Emulation Project

For our next project, I chose to emulate Edward Weston as my photographer. It was a tough decision because I fell in love with the works of so many photographers while choosing which one to focus on. His work, above most, stuck out to me because I felt as though his ideas and perspectives are similar to mine when it come to photographing.
Weston has many collections of work. He takes regular portraits and landscapes, but also takes abstract photos of things such as vegetables, sea shells, and the human body. Looking at his work, I can understand how he was seeing differently. I can relate myself to his work because I enjoy looking at one thing and picturing another. I like using my imagination in order to expand what my senses think they are seeing, touching, etc. Here are some of my favorite photographs taken by Edward Weston.

No comments:

Post a Comment